Thursday 7 March 2013

Boring

I’m getting pretty bored of the food scene in Leeds, it’s probably my ignorance but there’s no where about at the moment that’s got me that excited to go. I still haven’t tried friends of ham partly down to my girl friend who says it’s just overpriced cured meats. But Friends of Ham apart there’s not anywhere I feel I’m really missing out on. Hopefully something might crop up in the new Trinity shopping centre set to open. Their website says the Trinity kitchen will be “Taking its cue from culinary trends emerging in major international food capitals, such as London, Paris and New York”, I really doubt this. I bet its just the same old mish mash of chain restaurants that’s in all the other big shopping centres, but kudos for trying something different. Apparently there having some form of street food as well? But it will be inside . . . hmmm. Crêpeaffair has signed up for a stall so at least my missus will be happy.

If anyone has any suggestions of exciting places around Leeds please let me know? I’m also back down in the capital in 10 days time and In need of inspiration

Here’s a quick list of places in Leeds I hope to tick off in the next few weeks:
  • Fuji Hiro
  • Safran
  • Friends of Ham (once I’ve persuaded my other half its not so overpriced)
Now I’m all done whinging I’ll write up a review from the last time I went to Almost Famous in Manchester. OMFG yummy, I should be going back to Manchester one weekend soon just to go back to this place or there latest creation. . . .  more about that to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment