Friday 3 May 2013

Angelica, Leeds trinity - Bar Review

Angelica, Leeds trinity.

The entrance to Angelica can be found on the top floor of the Trinity shopping centre or from the lift out the back off Boar lane near Holy Trinity church. It’s Bar/Restaurant situated above Crafthouse, the other offering from the D&D London.

Let me just start by saying I wanted to hate this place! I tried to come here on the opening night of the Trinity shopping centre but I was refused entry to Angelica by the doorman because I had trainers on and there was about 2 inches of snow outside! Anyway I can see where the management was coming from on the opening day keeping out the riff raff. After all Crafthouse and Angelica are D&D’s first offering  outside London and only the cream of the northern crop should expect to visit.

Second time around I came after work suited and booted and was allowed to venture inside this time. I would like to point out the dress code doesn’t seem as strict now as it did on opening night, some cheeky chops had made it in, in his trackies (I salute you sir).  
 


So no food this time I just popped in for a quick drink, the menu looks good for light bites and lunch and they have a raw seafood bar which grabbed my attention maybe next time I’ll order some sushi. We sat on the outdoor terrace which has some great views of the city, I can see it being packed out here when the weather picks up i.e. bank holiday Monday coming up. There is plenty of heating outside as well to try and compensate for the glorious British weather. We had a cognac I can’t remember which but it was about £5, a glass of white wine and a bottle of Timothy Taylor’s landlord beer. It came to around £16 with a tip for table service included, which I think is very reasonable when you take the luxurious surroundings, table service and the view into account.
 


Get your self here for a bite to eat and a drink on a sunny day, I can’t think of anywhere else I’d rather go in the city centre if the weathers nice?


Level 6 Trinity Leeds 70 Boar Lane,
Leeds, LS1 6HW

No comments:

Post a Comment